Style2

Style3[OneLeft]

Style3[OneRight]

Style4

In your quest to find out how to get rid of a cold sore, you will find numerous tips and tricks ranging from natural remedies like aloe vera juice, tea tree oil etc to a variety of over-the-counter medications.

However, in spite of following these measures meticulously you are not likely to escape the recurrence of this contagious condition because it cannot be prevented completely.


This happens because cold sore or fever blisters are caused by herpes simplex virus infection. The infection primarily spreads through saliva. Plus, kissing an infected person or close contact with his/her cold sore lesions can spread this infection.

Usually, the immune system keeps this virus in dormant state within the body. But, factors like sunburn, fever, cold and flu, fatigue, cold weather, stress, menstruation, pregnancy, skin irritation, dental treatment, intake of steroidal medicines etc affect the immune system adversely. This makes the virus active and leads to outbreaks of cold sores.

Signs and Symptoms of Cold Sore: Cold Sores appear as red, raised, fluid-filled blisters. These painful blisters can appear separately or in clusters. Areas around lips, nostrils, chin and cheeks are the most common sites of these breakouts.

Moreover, you are likely to experience certain signs like tenderness, burning or tingling sensation a few days or hours before these ugly sores actually appear.

Generally, cold sores clear up within a few days or a couple of weeks. In most of the cases, these sores do not leave scars after healing. Do not confuse these fever blisters with blisters appearing inside the mouth referred to as Canker Sores.

How to get rid of a cold sore?
  • Applying aloe vera juice on the affected area is one of the most popular natural cures for cold sore home treatment.
  • Using a cotton swab soaked in tea tree oil is useful in getting rid of a cold sore fast. You can follow this simple therapy several times in a day.
  • Dilute the oil by mixing equal amount of water in it in case your skin is sensitive. Oil of oregano, goldenseal, echinacea or myrrh tincture can be used.
  • Application of apple cider vinegar on the affected area is a tried and tested Cold Sore home remedy.
  • Besides, regular consumption of 2 tablespoons of this solution mixed in a cup of water helps relieve heartburn, cures skin disorders, lowers blood glucose levels and aids in weight loss.
  • In case you are looking for a simpler trick on how to get rid of your cold sore naturally then just apply some raw milk (whole milk) on the blisters to heal them.
  • Applying a cotton swab dipped in grapefruit seed extract is considered as one of the best home remedies to eliminate a cold sore.
  • Follow this natural treatment 2-3 times in a day. You can also a combination of 3 drops of this extract and a tablespoon of olive oil.
  • Dab some rubbing alcohol on the affected area for about 5-10 minutes to reduce a cold sore considerably. You can also try nail polish remover.

Watch this video explaining how to get rid of cold sores.
  • Drinking lemon balm tea is valuable in eliminating a cold sore because it has anti viral properties.
  • Garlic also possesses antiviral properties that help get rid of a cold sore. So, crush a garlic clove, apply its juice on the affected area and leave it on skin for at least half an hour. In addition, include garlic in your diet.
  • Applying a solution of salt and water is useful in reducing cold sores. Plus, you can dab some toothpaste (not gel) mixed with a teaspoon of salt.
  • Apply some spirit of camphor as soon as you observe the initial signs of an outbreak to control this problem. Lysine lip balm is also beneficial in getting rid of cold sores fast.
  • Prepare a thick paste by adding a teaspoon of water in two teaspoons of baking soda. Put this mixture on the affected area at least once in a day. It works by drying out the fluid-filled blister. You can also mix some salt in it.
When using these cold sore home medicines, observe your skin’s reaction closely and do not apply any of the aforementioned remedies that create stinging sensation for longer duration. Needless to say, do not touch the sore over and over again for it can get infected with bacteria.

In terms of diet, try to avoid argine rich foods like nuts and chocolates. Instead, include lysine rich foods such as milk, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ etc. Besides, you can take adequate dose of acidophilus, garlic, lysine supplements.

Plus, the best tip on how to get rid of a cold sore is to start your treatment as soon as you experience tingling, tenderness and other early signs before cold sores pop up.

About Tips Parks

Familiarize Your Health with Home remedies, Natural treatments, Symptoms and Causes for various Diseases.This website is for information and support only and NOT a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. For information or education only!.
«
Next
Newer Post
»
Previous
Older Post

14 comments:

  1. I was checking for solution in the internet then miraculously came across Dr Ekpiku the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his email: ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr Ekpiku that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via: ekpikuspellhomeofgrace@hotmail.com or whatapps, call +2348073673757.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never taught Dr EDWIN who could ever get my HIV-AIDS cured with his herbal product.despite all these happening to me.I always spend a lot to buy a HIV drugs from hospital and taking some several medications but no relieve until one day i was just browsing on the internet when i came across a great post of ! Williams Fran-ca who truly said that she was been diagnose with HIV and was healed that very week through the help of these great powerful healing spell doctor. sometime i really wonder why people called him Dr EDWIN,i never knew it was all because of the great and perfect work that he has been doing that is causing all this. so i quickly contacted him and he ask me some few questions and he said a thing i will never forget that anyone who contacted him is always getting his or her healing in just 6 hours after doing all he ask you so i was amazed all the time i heard that from him ,so i did all things only to see that at the very day which he said i will be healed all the strength that has left me before rush back and i became very strong and healthy this disease almost kills my life all because of me.so i rush to hospital for the final test. So the doctor said i am HIV negative i am very amazed and happy about the healing Dr EDWIN gave to me from the ancient part of Africa ,with a strong herbal concoction. if you are infected with any disease like HIV, AIDS, CANCER,HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS, or any other disease you can also be happy like me by contacting..... Name: Dr.EDWIN What apps Number: +2348023949859 Email: draziengbe@outlook.com I“m given you 100% grantee, soon as you have getting in touch with Dr.EDWIN your problems will be solved accurately. Thanks..

      Delete
    2. Hello everyone, I was infected with the herpes virus and I got cured from the herpes virus few months ago after i contacted Dr Azuka. I saw a post on the internet after i have seek healing for several years from different doctors in California. I sent the Doctor a request for help, just a few email i followed his instruction and he sent me the medication. Now i am negative and i referred him to all my friend who had this same sickness and they have gotten their cure too. You can contact him via his email: Dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com or Phone call or whatsAPP: +2348132777335. While i was on his medication i understood that he can also cure HERPES, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, Male/female menopause, Miscarriage, Menstruation problems, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, EPILEPSY, GONORRHEA, LASSA FEVER, OBESITY, KIDNEY FAILURE, HYPERTENSION, FIBROID TUMOR, BRAIN FOG, EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS and many more.

      Contact him today and get your problem solved.

      Delete
    3. Thanks to dr.ezomo for his good work I never believe that ALS has cure, I was ALS over 3 year now before I came across a comment about how
      dr.ezomo cure ALS and herpes disease but when I saw it i have it in mind
      that he cant cure ALS I just decided to give it a try I contact him that
      night luckily to me he replied me, but I dont believe him I thought it was
      a scam but I still hold on to see the work of Dr ezomo if he is saying the
      truth he ask for some details about me i gave him all he needed and I
      waited to see his reply to my problem after all, he told me to go for check
      up and I went for HIV test I cant believe I was negative,am so happy and
      grateful to God for using Dr ezomo to cure me, that is the reason why i
      decided to write this wonderful testimony of our i was cured, i recommend
      Dr ezomo to you all around the world,contact him on his Email dr.ezomorootandherbals@gmail.com or you can also reach him through WhatsApp number+2349069171173
      dr.ezomo for helping me at this young age if you need help contact,
      He can also cure so many sickness

      Delete
  2. Dr Ero herbal cure is 100% Guarantee percent sure to cure your HEPATITIS B,He is only person that i can boldly say he can cure any types of Disease.i was having HEPATITIS B for more than 5 year when i met Dr Ero online how on how he has cured so many people and how greatly he has helped many individuals online,so i contacted him and explained my situation to him and behold i was cure with his herbal medicine and now we are living happily, so to anyone issue on herpes challenges i advised that you contact dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com he can also cure any disease such as HIV/AIDS HEPATITIS B,DIABETICS,CANCER,HERPES HE is the great herbalist man called Dr.Ero i must say a big thanks for curing my disease, i owe you in return. Thanks and be blessed sir.his Mobil number +2349077338035

    ReplyDelete
  3. These substances remove the dead and damaged top layer of your stretch mark to reveal the younger skin cells underneath. get rid of stretch marks fast

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless Dr. sebi for his marvelous work in my life, I was diagnosed of HERPES since 2014 and I was taking my medications, I wasn't satisfied i needed to get the HERPES out of my system, I searched about some possible cure for HERPES i saw a comment about Dr. sebi, how he cured HERPES DIABETES and CANCER with his herbal medicine, I contacted him and he guided me. I asked for solutions, he started the remedy for my health, he sent me the medicine through UPS SPEED POST. I took the medicine as prescribed by him and 14 days later i was cured from HERPES, Dr. sebi truly you are great, do you need his help also? Why don't you contact him through dr.sebitradomedical@gmail.com Or contact his number via (WHATSAPP ONLY: You can also whatsapp him via (+2348148339190)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My name is Susan and and I'm from United state of America I was sick for herpes simplex virus for 2 years and I never got a cure until I contact this man call doctor Ero who got me cure from herpes virus, and all that matters is that you are cued. and is the only man who I believe is real, contact him on is mail dreroherbaltreatment@gmail.com . Am so much happy that am heal from it after much suffering from this disease am now cure thanks to the great doctor Ero who cured me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was having this deadly disease for months i tried everything
    within my power to get rid of this illness all to no avail not
    until i came across a post from a forum about this great Doctor
    that heals people with herbal med( herbs),i cant say much but
    my heart is filled with gratitude and appreciation,
    please if you are suffering from herpes or any other STD
    kindly contact DR Aloha and be rest assured that you will
    get the solution you seek.herbs cure herpes contact
    Dr Aloha through his email Alohaherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello everyone, my name is Kate Johnson.i was able to hack my husband's phone remotely and gained access to all his texts and callswith the help of ghosthacker2351@gmail.com.he is very fast and reliable,I use him whenever I want to be sure about someone.if you require his services tell him I referred you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was diagnosed of Herpes in 2014 and I have tried all possible means to get the cure but all to no avail, until i saw a post in a health forum about a Herbal Doctor(Dr Aloha) who prepares herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including Herpes,at first i doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when i contacted Dr Aloha through his Email: Alohaherbalhome@gmail.com he guided me and prepared a herbal medicine and sent it to me via courier Delivery service,when i received the package (herbal medicine) He gave me instructions on how to consume it,i started using it as instructed and i stooped getting outbreaks and the sores started vanishing,could you believe i was cured of this deadly virus within 10-14 days of using this REMEDY,couldn't believe the healing at first until i went for a check-up,indeed i was tested negative to HERPES.Contact this great herbal Doctor today via Email: Alohaherbalhome@gmail.com and get cured permanently. or Call/Text: +1(312)967 4787

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thank you, I have just been looking for info about this topic for a while and yours is the greatest I have found out so far. However, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you certain about the source? aol mail sign in

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are all scammers, they will make you pay after which they will give you an excuse asking you to pay more money, they have ripped me of $2000, i promised i was going to expose them.
    I figured it all out when my colleague took me to Pavel

    (HACKINTECHNOLOGY@gmail.com)

    (+1(669) 225 2253)

    He did perfect job, he hacks all accounts ranging from (Emails, Facebook, whatsapp, imo, skype, instagram, Phone cloning, DMV removal, tracking locations, background checks Kik etc. he also hacks cell phones, cell phone tapping and cloning, clears bad driving and criminal records, bank transfers, locates missing individuals e.t.c. You should contact him and please stop using contacts you see on websites to execute jobs for you, you can ask around to find a real hacker.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello everyone, I was infected with the herpes virus and I got cured from the herpes virus few months ago after i contacted Dr Azuka. I saw a post on the internet after i have seek healing for several years from different doctors in California. I sent the Doctor a request for help, just a few email i followed his instruction and he sent me the medication. Now i am negative and i referred him to all my friend who had this same sickness and they have gotten their cure too. You can contact him via his email: Dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com or Phone call or whatsAPP: +2348132777335. While i was on his medication i understood that he can also cure HERPES, HIV/AIDS, CANCER, Male/female menopause, Miscarriage, Menstruation problems, PREGNANCY PROBLEM, EPILEPSY, GONORRHEA, LASSA FEVER, OBESITY, KIDNEY FAILURE, HYPERTENSION, FIBROID TUMOR, BRAIN FOG, EPSTEIN-BARR VIRUS and many more.

    Contact him today and get your problem solved.

    ReplyDelete